All of these recommendations have been tried by us and are our personal favourites. We have grouped them by expensive ($$$), moderate ($$) and good value ($)
- West Coast (W) – 40-55 mins drive – most restaurants overlook the Caribbean Sea
- South Coast (S) – 15-30 mins drive – likewise most have a view of the Atlantic/Caribbean
- South East Coast (SE) – 5-10 mins drive or walking distance – Atlantic view (nice breeze!)
A top tip when booking a table in a restaurant that is next to the sea is is to ask for a waterside table, you will be told that it can’t be guaranteed but you usually get one
- The Crane (SE) – The Crane Resort is quite close and has several restaurants including Oriental, Italian and European cuisines.
- Cafe Luna (S) – Romantic. Just off of Enterprise beach
- Tapas (S) – Great food and nice cocktail bar overlooking the sea
- Lone Star (W) – One of our favourite restaurants on the island. Great for lunch followed by a swim
- FishPot (W) – Really lovely for breakfast or lunch as the view of the Caribbean sea is stunning
- Daphne’s (W) – Dramatic setting at night time, flame torches light up the beach and sea
- East Point Grill (SE): Serving great barbecued food at a cliff top location with stunning views over Ragged Point. Just 4km from the villa so you could walk, or hop on the bus. (Open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11am through to late).
- Cutter’s (SE): Between Crane Beach road and the Crane Resort, Cutter’s Deli serves great breakfasts and lunches as well as its World Famous Very Special Rum Punch! Terrace for outside dining or cool air-conditioned dining room inside.
- Apsara (S) – Delicious Indian and Thai food overlooking the sea at The Gap. Another one of our favourites.
- Surfer’s Cafe (S) – On the way out of Oistins towards The Gap. Great breakfast overlooking the sea (if you get one of the tables at the rear).
- Coast Beach Bar (S) – On the beach and within walking distance of South Coast shops and other bars. Beach beds and umbrellas available from ‘Spock’ nearby – his are the cheapest on the island!
- Zaccio’s (W) – Nice beach bar and restaurant – we recommend the Vegetable ‘Roti’ (not on the menu but just ask!). Convenient for shopping at the Holetown Chattel village. Sunbeds also available.
- Cafe Bar Carizma (W) – Wonderful breakfasts. In the Chattel Village at Holetown, a perfect place to start your day on the West Coast.
- Lendee’s (SE) – Fab local eatery just a 10 minute walk from the villa. A few tables or you can takeaway. Turn right out of Atlantic Rising and walk to the top of Bottom Bay Road and Lendee’s is on the left on the opposite side of the road.
- Gabriela’s (SE) – Friendly service with great food at great prices. Head towards Six Roads on Highway 5, after about 3km carry on over the crossroads with a pedestrian crossing on and the school on your right, then go past the bright green building on your right and take the next left. Follow the road around the left hand bend and then the right hand bend and Gabriela’s is on your right. You can park opposite on the grass.
- Chicken Rita’s (S) – Fried chicken and hand cut chips at this local home in Silver Sands, help yourself to a table and chairs off of the stack and set yourself up on Rita’s driveway! Very good value and a great experience. It’s hard to find though! (ask John!)
You might also like to try:
Oistin’s Fish Fry (S) $ – Friday (or quieter on Thursday and Saturday) nights – dozens of Fish Fry stalls/barbecues for cheap but delicious locally caught barbecued fish and macaroni pie – Clarkson’s stall is our favourite (You’ll see the big guy Patrick cooking!) Lots of atmosphere, tourists and music. King Fish and Snapper are amazing! Lots of jewellery and gift stalls too.